Remedial MassageChartered Physiotherapy in Blackpool, St. Annes, Lytham, Poulton, Cleveleys and Fleetwood
What is remedial or medical massage?
Remedial massage is a style of therapeutic massage that aims to provide a healing treatment. Idiosyncratic, it can be applied gently or with strength, with depth or shallow. It is commonly used to treat damaged, knotted, immobile or tense muscles and tendons. Rather than concentrating on a single area of injury, remedial massage treats the entire body holistically, tracing pain as far back as possible along the nerve pathways. In this way, it treats both the current discomfort and the likely cause.
What are the benefits of remedial massage?
Remedial massage can have a positive effect on multiple areas of the body including:
- Improving lymphatic flow to reduce inflammation and pain
- Reducing spasms and muscle cramping, and aiding tissue regeneration
- Aiding better sleep, mood and energy levels
- Increasing joint stability, strength and range of motion.
Who should have a remedial massage?
We treat a range of conditions with remedial massage techniques, not limited to:
- Back and neck pain
- Tension headaches
- Jaw pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Muscles aches and cramps.